Our family of 5

Our family of 5

Friday, March 25, 2011

Family Fun Fridays: Four Firsts

This family posting is going to revolve around the "firsts" that have occurred in the past week for our family.  It is amazing how much kid grow and change, yet still experience things for the first time.

Last Friday, I hinted that we were going to take the kids somewhere for a surprise on Friday night.  Our friends generously and graciously invited us to attend Barnum and Bailey's circus in Cincinnati at US Bank Arena.  We had never done this as a family, and the entire trip was paid for (minus gas money).  What a blessing!!!  We had our own box to sit in with our friends, our own food and drinks (even a fridge), and our own bathroom.  I don't know if I could ever attend the circus any differently in the future.  That was pretty awesome.  We didn't tell the kids where we were going, but as soon as we parked and walked inside, Kurtis handed out the tickets.  Kate read the word, "circus" right away and was astonished.  Her comment that followed still cracks me up.  She said, "This is the first circus I have been to in all my 5 years."  The kids all LOVED it.  I didn't get many pictures because we arrived late and I was too caught up in all the action.  Here is a picture of K-lady with her dear friend after the show was done.    

The three kids at home before driving to the circus.

Another first that occurred in our family, was our first daughter losing her first tooth.  I know you are all going to think I am crazy, but I actually cried.  I didn't bawl my eyes out or anything, but I definitely had little tears well up in my eyes.  I think I was extra emotional because it happened while we were out of town at my Mom and Dad's house and my husband wasn't with us that weekend.  I just felt like my baby was no longer a baby anymore!!  I got over it quickly and K-lady decided to write a letter to the tooth fairy.  It was hilarious and she even titled her card "Fall out in the basement", because her tooth fell out while she was playing in my parent's basement.  She had to inform the tooth fairy of the name of her actual city where she lives,  but that she was just visiting in a different town to see her grandparents.  The tooth fairy did make her debut appearance at Grandma's house that night.   These are fun days with the kids that are going by all too quickly!!

Love the little ringlet curls on the sides of her face :)


Another first, was a field trip the kids and I took yesterday.  We went to a local Krispy Kreme donut shop for a tour and a presentation on how the donuts are made.  It was concluded with a FRESH and YUMMY donut, as well as a cup of water for everyone who attended.  It was fun to see some other families from our homeschool co-op, as well as watching the kids enjoyment of something new.  Although the field trip was free of charge, I couldn't walk into that place and not come out with more donuts to bring home.   Krispy Kreme knows that they are doing!!  :)  Sadly enough, I forgot my camera today.  You will just have to imagine how stinking cute were my three kids......all decked out with their donut shop hats, peering into the donut window.  (actually since I wrote this article last night, my friend, Heather, posted some pictures from the donut trip on facebook and tagged me, so you can check them out there :)

Lastly, my kids got to meet their new baby cousin "L" for the first time.  She is a beautiful and sweet baby.  I thought K-lady was never going to give me a turn to hold her.  She didn't want to let her go and keeps asking when we will get to see her again.  I am so thankful to watch my sisters have babies and become mothers.  Here is a picture of K-lady and her new cousin.


Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!!  Also, if you live in the area, come check out our church this weekend, Covenant Creek Community Church for our service at 6 PM on Saturday night.  We will have some appetizers, snacks and desserts following the service (with a Honduran theme) because Honduras is going to be our international mission focus.  We would love to see you there if you don't have anything going on and want to check it out!!

2 comments:

  1. Really fun post, Sarah! Many exciting events! Love the pick of K and her friend A.....sweet friends! And K looks adorable with her first missing tooth (it is emotional for us moms when they lose that first one, isn't it?), and that picture of her holding her cousin is the most precious thing ever. Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah....your munchkies are growing up sooo fast! They are adorable and K-lady is so creative in her comments. Spring blessings to you all ;)

    ReplyDelete