Our family of 5

Our family of 5

Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe Mondays: Baked Chicken Parmesan

I give this recipe 5 stars for ease of preparation, tastiness, and the leftover factor. (tastes just as delicious re-heated the next day).  I have tried other chicken parmesean recipes in the past, but this is the simplest and yummiest!  I got this recipe from my friend, Jonelle. (I think she has given me over half of the ideas for recipes on this blog so far).  I made it for our family over this past weekend and it was even a winning recipe with the children!!  Here is the link for the recipe:

Baked Chicken Parmesan

I have to admit that I did not use real mozzerella, and I think that is a necessity in this recipe.  I thought I had purchased some from the store, but was devastated to find out I only had the shredded mozzerella in a bag (leftover from pizza night).  It did the job, but I can imagine how tasty this would be with the real deal. 
Very easy!  Three bowls.....one with flour, one with egg, and one with bread crumbs/grated parmesan

Once the chicken cutlets are dipped in each of the bowls, they went into the pan to get browned for a couple minutes per side. (I think I browned them a little longer than that).

The chicken getting nice and brown on the outside. :)

Place the browned chicken on top of marinara sauce, then put mozzerella on top and bake.  YUMMY!!

Have a great week everyone!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. This is one of our families favorite recipes of all time!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete